I'm thinking of languages like:
- A control structures language
- This would provide all the ifs, foreachs, switchs and whatnot.
- A math processing language
- this would define precise math semantics and advanced math expressions
- An systems-of-equations language
- Think Maple or EES. This would provide no control structures, or define order of evaluation (not to be confused with order of operations) but would rather compute solutions for a system of equations (math for sure, maybe logical and bit-wise) given a number of inputs
- An SQL like language
- aside from small cases, why should LINQ even be part of C#?
* Sorry there dosn't seem to be an http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General-purpose_programming_language right now, it redirect to the DSL page :b